Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Can't open excel files

Hi,

Am Sat, 25 Apr 2015 11:37:22 +0100 schrieb HoodGordon:

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Vista. Its about 1 1/2 years old.
Starting yesterday, I can not open any selected Excel file -- 2007 .xlsx
or 2003 xls -- from any file folder. I get the error message as stated
above. I can open excel files from a blank Excel document from the menu
shown when selecting the Office button. I can open Word files without
problems. I have re-installed MS Office Home and Student 2007, using
the disk supplied with the Dell laptop. I chose the "repair" option
when I re-installed.

right click on a excel file = Properties = Open with and choose
default program = activate "Always use the selected programm to
open...."

Office button = Options = Advanced and deactivate "Ignore other
programs that use DDE"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional