Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Array instead of loop I'm sure

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 12:33:16 PM UTC-7, GS wrote:
Hi Claus,

Would you mind taking a look at this workbook.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qdiiqqwip...%201.xlsm?dl=0

The ReDoData (slightly renamed in the workbook) Almost works, but is
not making a full and clean transfer to New list sheet.

I did get the msgbox time notification in this new workbook.

Howard

I have to ask...

How did this data get into the worksheet in this layout state in the
1st place?

..reason being this is definitely not how we log solar panel serials on
our installations/farms!

--
Garry

Hi Gary,

From the OP in his brief explanation of what he is wanting to do.

So my aim is with a macro is to produce what the next sheet looks like "PAC Sheet". A way to unmerge all the "Combiner Boxes", e.g. 1-1-1-1 and then copy and paste the serial numbers attached to that box, on the same row (Basically tidying the whole thing up). Also putting them in order, (1-1-1-1, 1-1-1-2 all the way to 4-14-5-7, in this example) I've done this one manually and i'm sure you can appreciate how long that took!

The first sheet is drawn this way as they replicate exactly how the solar farm layout looks. This makes it easier the the scanners to go round and place barcodes into the sheet.<<

So, I suppose there is more than one way to farm your solar panels, except I am sure they have all to face the sun.<g

Howard