Dab

Default Help: Can't display contents of Adobe Acrobat Document in Sheet

Hoping that someone can help with this.

I'm trying to insert an Adobe Acrobat document into an Excel worksheet. I'd
like to see the document contents, not an Icon. According to the Excel help
files, it should be possible to display the file as it shows up in Acrobat
but no matter what I do, I see only an Icon.

I went through the procedure listed in the help files to convert the
document (ensuring that "show as an Icon" is not checked) but nothing makes
any difference! Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

When I try this with other document types (eg AutoCad) everything works as
expected.

PS: the cell reference to the inserted Acrobat document is: =EMBED("Acrobat
Document",""). Shouldn't the file path show up in the formula?

Office 2003, Acrobat 6.0 Pro , on WinXP Pro.

Thanks for any advice.

--
Dab

Cut off: yourhead to respond