Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Crandal[_3_] Robert Crandal[_3_] is offline

Default Extract paragraphs from text file

"GS" wrote:

I thought a function was supposed to exit once it is assigned
a value?

I've never heard of such a rule. Who made this one up?

I guess I was thinking too much about a different programming
language, such as C or C++ where it uses a "return" statement
to (supposedly) immediately exit from a function and return
one value.

In my mind, I guess was comparing the C/C++ "return" command
to Visual Basic's concept of assigning a value to the name of
function while inside that function. I just thought it was kind of
odd, so I had to ask out of curiousity.

BTW, that ReadTextFile is very useful, especially when used
in conjection with the Split() function. Awesome stuff! Thanks.