Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Check box linked cell = TRUE then J5 valued reduced by 1

Each time the check box is checked and linked cell D5 returns TRUE, what formula can I use to reduce the value in J5 by 1.

I tried using J1 as the begining value of say 10 but can't figure the formula in J5 to return 1 less each time D5 rings TRUE.

Tried a Select Case in a change event macro but the range/target AND the "TRUE"/value I could not get to work.

There will be several D cells with check box linked cells and the same amount of J values to be reduced as their respective D cell ring up a "TRUE".

Howard