Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Import multiple text files

This is, IMO, entirely the wrong approach! I recommend you read each
file into an array and 'dump' the array into the worksheet at the
desired location, using the standard VB[A] file I/O and other built-in
functions.

Of course, you also need to split the file contents into cols based on
the delimiter used when the files were created. (Otherwise, everything
will end up in col A)

You also need to determine if you want to remove trailing blank lines
from the files before dumping their contents into the target sheet.
This will allow better control of spaicing between files on the sheet.

Finally, will you want to put the filename (with or without path) in
the 1st row for each file.

If interested in this approach, please advise your criteria...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc