Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John[_130_] John[_130_] is offline

Default Use string variable as Object name

No idea what you're really trying to do so if an array is no good look into
use of storing an object pointer and retreiving to an object variable, or
CallByName perhaps

I can't imagine why you want to start 3 new instances though!

Regards,
Peter T

Thanks Peter. I'll try this out. I'm creating multiple instances for a work project---I'm running a report in multiple instances for performance reasons. I need to loop thru (let's say) 5 instances and open the WB in each instance.

I want to loop instead of doing xlApp01, xlApp02... Maybe I can see if the array approach will allow this.