Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
San[_4_] San[_4_] is offline

Default How to Calculate the average Daily price within a time period

On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 5:49:30 PM UTC+5:30, San wrote:
I need to calculate the average Daily price of a particular product within a specified time period i.e. between two dates, Sep 16 2014 & Feb 15 2015

The daily price of the product, during the above-mentioned time period, has revised as per the table below

Aug 31 2014 : $74.58
Oct 01 2014 : $75.46
Oct 15 2014 : $74.29
NOv 01 2014 : $71.68
Dec 01 2014 : $70.73
Dec 16 2014 : $68.65
Jan 12 2015 : $68.66
Jan 17 2015 : $66.64
Feb 04 2015 : $64.60

Thanks for the help

San

Thanks Claus, but isn't that a simple average.. Haven't checked it yet. but I need a weighted average depending upon the no. of days that the price remained constant.

San