Hein

Thank you Myrna for your reply,

I think I was a bit hasty posting my question, I should have been
clearer.

The situation is as follows:

The mentioned times do not have the ":". In fact the 37:28 and 36:94
are written as 3728 and 3694 ànd are text values.

Maybe I should try to make my own formula in VBA?

Maybe I should explain what it is I want to do:
I am building a database for speedskating times. This database is fed
with data I first prepare in Excel.

One type of data are laptimes. Sometimes I only have the times for each
lap, sometimes I only have the accumulated times, adding up to the final
time. My goal is to calculate the missing times, starting with adding up
the laptimes to a final time.

The first step in this is trying to add the 3728 and 3694.

How can I create a formula in VBA that adds up these numbers, taking
into account:
28 + 94 = 122. This is 1 second, 22/100
37 + 36 = 73. This is 1 min, 13 secs
Together: 1 mins, 13 + 1 sec, and 22/100: 1:14:22
Is there a way to do this

Hope you can help me
Thanks Hein

--