Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default autofill handle rows to coulmns

It would be a lot easier to manage/maintain if you put all the averages
on the score sheet, IMO! Also, I suggest you eliminate all duplications
of the headers.

Also, group the judge's scores for each student together; meaning each
student has a 'section' consisting of 1 row for each judge's score, and
an averages row.

I use 'modules' in my student grades manager app that group course
'sections' together. Each module totals scores similar to how you do
it. IMO, this is what you should do with your 'sections' (ie: Creeds,
Physical Training, Strikes and Punches...). Give these modules
ColAbsolute-RowRelative local scope defined names to use in formulas.
Insert a row above the headers to label each module, using shading to
indicate which cells in the module their respective defined name refs.
Use the actual defined name for the module labels.

I recommend not duplicating the 1st "AVG TOTAL" col ("B:B") in every
module, and use FreezePanes at col "C" in the row below the headers.

Give each student section as fully relative local scope defined name
that refs the judges' scores for each col.

Give the entire input area a fully absolute local scope defined name,
and include 1 extra row/col for adding more sections/modules. Format
the extra row/col to resemble a border within which to insert groups of
student sections or score items/modules.

Don't use garrish colors or excessive uppercase to minimize eyestrain
while working in the sheet.

You can have a look at how to implement everything I've mentioned here
in a sample rework of your project you can download from here...

https://app.box.com/s/23yqum8auvzx17h04u4f

This sample makes extensive use of defined names in formulas for easier
maintenance and understanding. Thus, no cell addresses appear in
formulas. The advantages of this concept should become apparent from
studying the formulas!

Only the headers row contains ConditionalFormatting. I retained shading
every even col within a module, but using a 'softer' color so my eyes
wouldn't hurt while working on this.

Your feedback is invited...

--
Garry