Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Better protection for VBA project?

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until I get home to look at it. My
Work blocked that page.

However, using the code equivalent of JKP's solution I was able to
get it to work (on 2007, haven't tried 2013):

Workbooks("test.xla").SaveAs "c:\test.xla", AccessMode:=xlShared

And so is undoable, allowing 'savy' users to 'break in'. The solution I
use requires binary editing of the file for do/undo and so not so easy
to 'break in' for most. Also lets me use 'version stamping' on the fly
so my install knows when it's upgrading vs updating apps that require a
license.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!