View Single Post
  #3   Report Post  

Let me try and explain this a little better.

There is supposed to be a drop down where I have section and total but I haven't added it yet. Let's just pretend it's there.

I'm creating an invoice worksheet. I may have a customer who needs an estimate for both their house and another property. I want to be able to give a sub total for each, and then a grand total for all.

Lets pretend A4 is a drop down, I select "section", and then Main House. The other fields are left blank, but I want to use this row as a reference point for my running total to start adding up.

Then, after I've entered all of my items for the Main House, I want to go to A11 and select total. I want it to then display the sum of F5:F10 in F:11 and G5:G10 in G11.

Then I select a new section in A12, it starts a new reference point for the next total. The next total just adds F13:15 & G13:15

Then in A17 I would select Grand Total and it would sum all of the values in columns F & G. I now realize I would need to move the output for the subtotals to different columns for that to work.

I need it to work like this because each invoice will have a different amount of rows, and using the usual references won't work out for what I'm trying to do.