Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Clear a "moving" range offset from Target

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10:32:07 PM UTC-8, GS wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozm7b21hln...20it.xlsm?dl=0

I think I made the corrections you mentioned.

Also added a "Clear" selection in the drop down, which was the
blank columns between the Sheet2 list groups. If you enter stuff
in those columns, then it will just be another data column,
otherwise the previous list is cleared as per the code, with
nothing returned.

Please explain your reasoning for adding this complexity! IMO it's
absolute overkill since clearing the DD cell normally also clears
its list!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

First was just to see if I could do it and second I did not realize
clearing the dd cell would clear the list.

Howard

I see! Well congrats on figuring out a way to do it using code.

As for the 'second', reading the code reveals that any existing list is
*always* cleared, and a new list is only display if Target is not
empty! The code was deliberately written this way to persist the logic
of the project...

select a list in the dropdown to display its contents;
thus
clearing the dropdown should display nothing.

...which, as I see it, only makes sense in terms of user productivity.