View Single Post
  #23   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Clear a "moving" range offset from Target

Hi Garry,

I was having a problem with adding the third drop down and columns in a earlier post, where you added it for me and reposted to the link.

I was looking for what I was missing in the process, wanting to learn how to do
it myself.

So I am trying to do a fourth drop down and I believe I have everything in place except the DD_4_16 name (for column 19, which is "S") where the Refers To: window should have the formula like this. At least I think so as I look at the others for an example.

=OFFSET(Sheet2!Hdr4_19,1,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!Col4_19)-1,1)

Whenever I type (not copy) that formula in the window I get this:

=OFFSET(Sheet2!Hrd4_19,1,0,COUNTA('Drop Down List Copied Garry_v2 (1).xlsm'!Col4_19)-1,1)

And the drop down does not produce the list on sheet 1.

If you get some time could you A, B, C me through the steps to do column S to work in the fourth drop down. I assume you have to do each column separate..?

I have the drop down and it is included in the DD_Lists, as cell H2 and DD4_Lists includes DD_4_16. If I click on DD4_Lists in the formula window, cell S1 on sheet 2 has the marching-ants on it.

So in plain third grade Canadian/English can you list the steps please. Probably should include the entire process even though I may have some already done a few of the correct steps.

Methinks I got all my DD_ this and that's correct, typos can be very misleading.<g

Thanks.
Howard