Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Clear a "moving" range offset from Target

Question.

DD_2_6 DD_2_7 DD_2_8 DD_2_9 DD_2_10

Am I correct in that the Hdr names are incorrect for these columns?

The offset formula for column DD_2_6 is Hdr_7.

DD_2_6 selected in the D2 drop down returns column G list.
DD_2_10 selected in the D2 drop down returns a blank list.

Howard

I was able fix the typo and drop down in D2 returns stuff correctly.

Where I can't follow your footprints is adding these in the next 5
columns K:O.

I have added cell F2 to the DD_List and I have can select all the
Hdr's K thru O in the drop down.

These:
DD_3_11 DD_3_12 DD_3_13 DD_3_14 DD_3_15

Trouble is making the connection to the data in the lists to these
selections in the drop down.

Howard

No problem! Have another look at the latest revision...

I added the DD_3 lists plus revised the list values (with a formula) to
better reflect the list they belong to instead of their col label. This
required adding a col-relative, row-absolute name for the headers
row...

=HdrRow&"-"&ROW()-1

This will make adding new lists easier to populate with values.

I renamed the cols to reflect they ref cols. (eg: DD1_1 to Col1_1)

<more info
I use the NameBox (left of FormulaBar) to enter fully absolute range
names. (Hdrs, cols, DV lists) I use the NameManager addin for
everything else.

The DV lists use fully absolute global names. They're names have been
revised to reflect they ref lists. (eg: DD_2 to DD2_Lists)

I hope you find this more helpful!<g

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!