Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Clear a "moving" range offset from Target

On Thursday, January 22, 2015 at 11:37:53 AM UTC-8, GS wrote:
If your lists are contiguous, why not name them?

Hi Garry,

I had thought about using an array, (and named ranges) but knew
someone would have to take me by the hand and show me
left,right,up,down almost all the way.

Also, the lists will (most likely) be on a different sheet, so the
hurdle of dynamic named ranges from another sheet is in the fray. I
believe you told me once that is not a problem but I also remember
the solution was nearly incomprehensible to me.

I'll start with the example you provided and see what I can do.

If you don't mind working with the mindless, standby for a few "what
now's...??"

Howard

Ok, Howard! It might be better, though, to send me the file so I can
just give you back a working solution. One concern is how to handle
dropdown values that have spaces if multi-word. Usually you can simply
replace spaces with underscores, but it's important to structure the
names and dropdown items to compliment going this way.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc