Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sarah H.[_2_] Sarah H.[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional SUBTOTAL in XL210 Table

In , Claus Busch
spake thusly:

Am Thu, 8 Jan 2015 15:59:02 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Sarah H.:

=ROW(3:100000) seems to be a horizontal area. I can't figure
out what you've done here. I do understand the INDIRECT
function generally.

Row(3:100000) is only a counter.

Huh. OK, I will have to study that further.

Also, what's the point of using a newfangled table (that
presets its data range nicely) if we just have to resort to
old-fashioned hard-coded (and "brittle") ranges with column
letters? :-)

SUBTOTAL with a criteria does not work with fix ranges.

Oh! That probably cost me a couple of hours of head-scratching. :-)

Vielen Dank, Claus! Das ist sagenhaft.

/sh