Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sarah H.[_2_] Sarah H.[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional SUBTOTAL in XL210 Table

In XL 2010 I have a table we can call Table1.

The table has labeled columns. One (at Column Q) is called "PnlRealized"
and one (at Column S) is called "Managed". The labels are on Row 3.

The table has thousands of rows of data.

Only some of the "Managed" column contain a text entry. It's the name of
a manager. The "PnlRealized" column is all currency numbers.

Column Q ... S
Row PnlRealized Managed
... ----------- --------
22 12,345.67
23 6,789.01 Smith
24 234.56
25 7,890.12 Jones
26 3,345.78

What I want in S1, above the table, is the SUBTOTAL sum for all
PnLRealized amounts that had managers assigned.

So in this case, that's 6,789.01 + 7890.12.

I know how to use the SUBTOTAL function and I know how to use
SUMPRODUCT, but I'm having trouble combining these the right way
to get what I want. (I think that's a good way to do what I want.)

Help?

I have tried:
=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(103,Table1[Managed]),SUBTOTAL(109,Table1[PnlRealized]))

But that doesn't work. It gives me the sum of all PnlRealized figures
multiplied by the number of lines with a manager.

Thanks, folks....

/sh