Dave011070 Dave011070 is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy SUM a Vlookup Array Formula

Hi Guys,

hoping someone can help with something that is bugging me and I cannot get working.
I have a Pivot Table containing data from a MS Query download with data split by month and year across from column B, and the relevant lookup codes in column A, and an Excel Sheet with various VLOOKUP's pulling back the correct data based on a selected Month and Year all fine (using =VLOOKUP($A16&"-"&$B16,DATA,D$5,FALSE).
However due to the datasource there are a number of replications in the data that I need to SUM however I cannot get any of the formulas to work (SUM, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT etc).
The issue (as I see it) is I can sum up the occurrences where I can pre-determine the column (ie with a SUMIF) but I have the need to use the Column Index Number in the VLOOKUP I have to dynamically change the lookup based on the user's selection.
is this possible?? im struggling here and hoping someone has a solution of sorts
Thanks in advance