Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] ken23508@gmail.com is offline

Default ADO retrieval from close workbook-data type issue

Garry
Thanks for the quick response. I should have noted that I am retrieving data from another spreadsheet; which of course allows totally unstructured data typing. Usually the method works great; it is just an occasional column that has mixed data. I was hoping there was some key word I could add to the SELECT statement that means please cut me some slack on the data typing, just throw what ever is there in to the recordset. I am not good on databases, but I was hoping there was a way.
Thanks
Ken

On Monday, December 15, 2014 3:25:24 PM UTC-5, GS wrote:
If the field contains (or can contain) alpha-numeric data then its
'type' in the mdb table would/should be 'Text'. In this case there
would/should be no problem assigning text values to a listbox.list!

IOW, if your mdb data table field stores mixed types then your mdb
table most likely wasn't created in Access (which wouldn't permit such
poorly structured field typing)!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!