Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tb tb is offline

Default Need Macro...

I am using Microsoft Office 2007, 32-bit. I know absolutely nothing
about macros, so, I am hoping that somebody in this group can help me
out.

I have an Excel workbook with several worksheets in it. Each worksheet
has list prices for some of our products, and my task is to apply an X
% price increase to each cell that has a price in it.

The problem is that list prices are in the form of complex tables, thus
it is hard and time consuming to create a formula in some blank column
of each worksheet that calculates the new prices and then copy/paste
the results over to appropriate tables' cells.

What I would like to do is enter the % increase into a cell of the
first worksheet (say cell A1 of Sheet1) and then launch a macro that
will find all the cells that are formatted as currency (in each
worksheet) and apply the % increase.

The only details to keep in mind when writing the macro a
* The X % percentage increase is across the board (i.e. all prices in
all worksheets will get the same % increase);
* Rounding should be to two decimals;
* If a cell formatted as currency is blank (empty), then that cell
needs to stay blank.

Can anyone please help me?
--
tb