Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default Percentage Increase

On 1/5/2013 at 11:24:21 AM joeu2004 wrote:

If you would like the flexibility of putting the percentage change
into a cell, obviating the need to alter the macro, you could write:

Sub roundSelection()
Dim pctChange As Double
Dim Cell As Range
pctChange = Range("pctChange")
For Each Cell In Selection
Cell = WorksheetFunction.Round(Cell * (1 + pctChange), 2)
Next Cell
End Sub

To use the macro:

1. Enter 7% into some cell. (Enter -7% for a percentage decrease.)
2. With that cell selected, enter pctChange into the Name Box (upper
left). 3. Select the data to be modified.
4. Press alt+F8 and run the macro roundSelection.
5. You can now delete the value in the cell used for #1.

Note: If you have already done this once and you want to use a
different cell for #1, you should use the Name Manager to delete or
alter the previous "refers to" for the name pctChange. For Excel
2007, click on the Formula tab, then Name Manager.

So... In order to save this macro in my workbook do I have to save the
file with the extension .xlsm instead of .xlsx? Am I right?

The reason I am asking is because these instructions do not say
anything about that:
<http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/create-or-delete-a-macro-HP010014111.aspx

--
tb