Kim

Dave,

Thanks for the answer. My client just came in and said it worked perfectly.
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kim

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It sounds like something stole the function of that icon.

I'd try this first.
Tools|customize|toolbars tab
select Standard
and click reset

(And it sounds like a coincidence to me with the burning of the CD.)

Kim wrote:

I have a client who is having a problem opening a saved worksheet. He is
using Excel 2003. If he goes to File and Open, then the Open dialog box comes
up with no problem. However, if he clicks on the Open icon, a text box
appears with his name in it (instead of the Open dialog box). He says that
the problem started after he tried (and failed) to burn a cd, although
neither of us think that has anything to do with the error. I don't use Excel
much, so I'm at a loss. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson