Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default A consolidating formula?

Hi Claus,

I can see now I did not give enough or proper information.

With a long list of data in column A, I have a macro that returns results to column B.

The B results are next to certain data in column A and acts to show where some sought after criteria was found. Along with a value from column A.

So strewn down column B (1200 rows) are returns that may look like "1x2 = 6", "3x2 = 6" and the such. These are all text and any resemblance to a formula coincidental, and where the 6 is the cell where the sixth occurrence of that value appeared in column A.

Those need to stay put to mark where in column A they are and I want a consolidated list of all those returns in column C, for easier viewing of the results.

So I cannot sort column B. I thought if I had a formula I could use it in the code to throw into column C with a .Value = .Value and do whatever I need to on column C.

All the returns in B are .Value = .Value results (constants) so it may be easier to deal directly with them.

Now, that makes me think I should just copy B to C and sort C.

Hmmm, I should have thought of that sooner. Sorry.

Howard