Domenic

Assumptions:

A1:K50 contains your data

First row contains your headers/labels

Column A contains the golfer's name

Columns B through J contains the score for each hole

Column K contains the total

Formulas:

L2, copied down:

=RANK(K2,$K$2:$K$50)+COUNTIF($K$2:K2,K2)-1

M1: enter 1, indicating you want the top golfer and score

N1:

=MAX(IF(K2:K50=INDEX(K2:K50,MATCH(M1,L2:L50,0)),L2 :L50))-M1

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER

O2, copied down:

=IF(ROWS(O$2:O2)<=$M$1+$N$1,MATCH(ROWS(O$2:O2),$L$ 2:$L$50,0),"")

P2, copied across and down:

=IF(N($O2),INDEX(A$2:A$50,$O2),"")

Note that if, for example, you want a Top 5 list, change the 1 in M1 to
5.

Also I would need to find out the rows themselves so I can do another
calculation.

Can you elaborate?

In article ,
Shay Hurley wrote:

Hi,

I have a golf spreadsheet that calculates stableford points based on
someones score on a hole, the index of that hole and the players
handicap. It works fine, calculating up to 50 players points totals. Now
I would like to calculate the best points total for the first 9 holes.

My spreadsheet is as follows:

ColA ColB ColC ColD ... ColI
H1Score H2pts H2Score H2pts ... Pts9total
.
.
.

Of course using the Max function for ColI would give me the highest
score in that column but what if there are 2 people with the same points?

So now to my question, how can I determine the highest points total in
ColI and if there is more than one row with the same (highest) points?
Also I would need to find out the rows themselves so I can do another
calculation.

Thanks in advance,
Shay