Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Ribbon Display Options askew??

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:03:30 PM UTC-8, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Howard,

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2014 15:40:21 -0800 (PST) schrieb L. Howard:

My Ribbon Display seems to have changed and I cannot reinstate it as I "think" I had it.

please have a look:
https://support.office.com/en-ZA/Art...t_the_ribbon_1

Regards
Claus B.

Hi Claus,

Pretty much exhausted all the various options including the RESET to Excel default.

Used to have all the normal icons under each tab and nearly every icon had a text label with it. That ribbon stayed put from sheet to sheet, book to book etc.

Can't find how to make that happen as I remember it. I can still access any of the features, except now I have to click a tab (as normal) and click on a icon feature, but when I go back to the worksheet with a cell selection the ribbon collapses to tabs only, no icons visible.

I guess I will learn to live with it.

Thanks for the suggestion and the link.

Regards,
Howard