Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Ribbon Display Options askew??

My Ribbon Display seems to have changed and I cannot reinstate it as I "think" I had it.

Of the three display options, none represent what I believe to have had in the past.

The one option that most closely resembles the display I want is the..
---------
Show Tabs
Show Ribbon Tabs Only
Tap a tab to show the commands.
---------

When I select this option and tap a tab, the bottom of the ribbon partially covers the column letter headings.

What I believe I had before was the same as this but with the last used tab selected and all the Icons have their descriptions in print and the tops of the columns are NOT partially covered. AND there was always a tab selected, ie. the last tab selected stayed selected until you clicked on another.

As of now I click a tab and get the ribbon display I like (except for the columns tops covered) but when I select a cell on the sheet, the ribbon goes back to a "waiting for you to select another tab" mode with no icons.

I am I going nut or what??

Howard