Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
L. Howard L. Howard is offline

Default Multiple SUM's in a column

Ah! My workbook also does % both ways:
Income accounts show %TotalIncome and %TotalExpense
Expense accounts show %TotalExpense and %TotalIncome

..for each account/subaccount.

Hmmm, okay.

With small mods to Claus' code this:

Status Message Volume
Failed xxxxxxx 1
Failed xxxxxxx 2
Failed xxxxxxx 3
Invalid xxxxxxx 4
Invalid xxxxxxx 5
Success xxxxxxx 6
Success xxxxxxx 7
Success xxxxxxx 8

Becomes this:

Status Message Volume
Failed xxxxxxx 1
Failed xxxxxxx 2
Failed xxxxxxx 3
Failed Tot = 6
Invalid xxxxxxx 4
Invalid xxxxxxx 5
Invalid Tot = 9
Success xxxxxxx 6
Success xxxxxxx 7
Success xxxxxxx 8
Success Tot = 21

Which is Column A, B, C.
So in column D I need a formula that returns the % of the value in C of the respective total.

The rows per total will vary from update to update. So for instances Success may be 7 rows next time and the others will change also. As will the values. (Won't ever just be 1,2,3,4,5 etc.)

I had 'mild' success in getting an entry (not a correct formula) in the cells in column D but it skipped some cells. aaarg!

So, I'm in the head scratching mode for sure.

Howard