Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default Multiple SUM's in a column

Howard,
My Invoicing: Simple Bookkeeping app does sums on its 'Summary' sheet
(P&L format) for each account of their respective sub accounts using a
worksheet formula that utilizes a hidden helper column. This sheet
gives both summary and detail views via outlining so the sum amounts
don't duplicate the detail amounts. The primary function is SUMIF(),
which pulls values from another sheet rather than the existing sheet,
but the formula can be made to work either way. (My intent was to have
'Summary' (a read-only sheet) auto-update when changes were made to
either the 'Expenses' sheet or the 'Income' sheet since they were the
'source' for the consolidated values. (Consolidation is monthly,
quarterly, and year-to-date) I can avail a copy of the project workbook
if you're interested, but you'll need the NameManager addin to see the
hidden named formulas.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!