Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff[_8_] Harald Staff[_8_] is offline

Default Cancel Input Box error

Hi friends

You have solved this, let me just share an old trick:

Sub test()
Dim S As String
S = InputBox("Enter anything or nothing:")
If StrPtr(S) = 0 Then
MsgBox "You cancelled"
Else
MsgBox "You entered:" & S

Opposed to other variables, VBA will not know how much memory a String will
need. So what it does when a string is used is to save it
"somewhere/anywhere available" and put a pointer, the address to the text, i
variable S. When you cancel, the string is not used and the stringpointer,
StrPtr, remains zero.

Beste wishes Harald

"L. Howard" skrev i melding
With the OK and CANCEL options, I tried all the commented out exit codes for
the Input Box and all produce an error on this line:

sNum = InputBox("Stock Number Required.", "Quantidade Retirada")

Otherwise the box and code work okay.

Howard