Horus Horus is offline
Junior Member

Location: Lund, Sweden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Mon, 20 Oct 2014 08:39:32 +0100 schrieb Horus:

I am trying to make use of the data bars option under Conditional
Formatting. I want the value of the conditonally formatted cell to
determine the length of the bar. Thus far everything is fine! Then I
want another value to determine the color of the bar
(red/yellow/green).

you have to use VBA.

Please look he
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for workbook "CF_issue_Horus"
Thank you Claus!

I was hoping to avoid a macro for this, but you sound certain that this is not an option. Is this a known limitation of the feature? I have not found any information as to why this should not work.

Thank you for providing a working example. It may actually be less work than implementing the Conditional Formatting as I intended, since I will need to do it for several non-adjacent cells.

Best Regards,
Horus (Fredrik Lönn)