Horus Horus is offline
Junior Member

Location: Lund, Sweden.
Question Conditional formatting - using a value to control color of bar

Dear Excel gurus,

I am trying to make use of the data bars option under Conditional Formatting. I want the value of the conditonally formatted cell to determine the length of the bar. Thus far everything is fine! Then I want another value to determine the color of the bar (red/yellow/green).

The solution that I expected to work was to add two more data bar rules and separate them by rules based on the other value. The latter rules would then be set to "Stop if true".

The result I get is that only the firts data bar rule seems to apply. This is the case even if I remove the "stop-rules".

I have attached a zipped xlsx file with an example. I have also attached a picture of my conditional formatting dialog.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

I am using MS Office Standard 2010. 32-bit.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip CF_issue_Horus.zip (7.5 KB, 42 views)