Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] rwryne@gmail.com is offline

Default Image recolor with VBA

On Friday, May 6, 2011 5:03:49 PM UTC-5, Nik wrote:
Hi all,

does anybody know what's the VBA method to obtain the same effect of
recoloring a bitmap inserted on a worksheet ? if you place a picture
on a sheet with Insert | Picture, then right click on it and select
Picture format | Picture | Recolor (select anyone) the picure is
recolored applying a transparent layer of the selected color on it.
How to obtain the same effect with VBA ? I cannot find the right
method.
thanks in advance
Nik

PS : I'am using XL2007 in Italian, command translations could be
slightly different, sorry

Really late to this convo, but in case anyone stumbles across this....

For whatever reason, Microsoft hasn't 'exposed' the recolor method in Excel/PowerPoint. You can do it manually using the ribbon, but not via VBA. The method is exposed in Publisher.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.15).aspx