Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] jsofillas@gmail.com is offline

Default Securing an Excle File?

This is a bit of a strange request, but I'm hoping I can do what I want to do in some fashion, even if it means using another tool. I have a file that has over 100 users. I want to give limited access to each user, to specific areas, for a certain window of time. Additionally, I would also like the file to be user friendly on smart phones, as excel really isn't. Is there a way to format Excel so that smart phones can easily manipulate it? Can I somehow export/import it into a Google Docs sheet (figuring google docs is more phone friendly). Any insight or suggestions on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!