a.c.sanchez a.c.sanchez is offline
Junior Member

Default Help with an Array / Average Question please?

I have a table A1 : D3

17 15 21 18
28 27 32 31
25 26 26 38

I am calculating the percentage that each cell represents of each column in the following table (A5 : D8)

a1/sum(A1:A3) B1/SUM(B1:B3) etc
A2/SUM(A1:A3) B2/SUM(B1:B3) etc
A3/SUM(A1:A3) etc etc

and then my final formula would be to find the averages of those percentages, i.e.

average(a5:a8)
average(b5:b8)
average(c5:c8)
average(d5:d8)

Can I cut out the middle man here and do an array? I can't get an array to work that contains a sum. Meaning the following formula does not work:

{=average(a1:c1/sum(a1:a3):sum(c1:c3))}

Is there an alternative? I can just include a sum row in my original table, but the goal is to not have to do that, and just "hide" the sum of each column in the array formula. Hopefully this made sense!