KeriM KeriM is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS[_2_] View Post
Code:
--------------------

Sub Test()
Stop
End Sub

--------------------

At the "Stop" is when I'd try to do a find on the workbook while the
report was still running the macro.

You can't execute another macro via the UI so as to interupt code that
is already executing. You have to wait for it to finish.

What you can do is prompt the user for 'Find' criteria and have the
running code process that.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
I know that. I'm not trying to execute another macro while a macro is running. I'm pausing the current macro to manually do a find (ctrl + F) on another sheet in the workbook to fill in data gaps due to data entry errors and then continue the macro that I paused.

For some reason, when the macro is initiated by a button press, the "find" does not search the whole workbook and only searches the currently selected cell. If I initiate the macro within the VBA window, this does not happen. What I want to know is why.

Last edited by KeriM : September 11th 14 at 02:42 PM