KeriM KeriM is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Monday, September 8, 2014 10:04:20 AM UTC-5, KeriM wrote:
I have an unusual problem and I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm using

excel 2007 and I have a workbook that has a series of form buttons

programmed to run macros.

On one of the buttons, I have a "stop" command in the macro so that I

can manually do a find on a name and then I contine the macro. For some

reason, when the macro is launched from the button, pressing "Ctrl+F" or

writing the "find" function in the macro, does not appear to do

anything. I don't even get a "cannot find what you're looking for"

dialog.

What I found is that when the button is pressed, whatever cell is

currently selected becomes the "find" area, which is why it is not

finding anything. When I select all the cells and do a find, it finds

what I'm looking for.

I have tried both a shape and a button to run the macro and both produce

the same outcome. I tried to attach a sample workbook to illustrate my

problem, but it wouldn't accept the attachment. It should be easy

enough to reproduce:

1. Open a new excel workbook and create a new macro with just the word

"Stop" in the sub-routine.

2. In the excel workbook, create a form button or shape and assign the

macro you just wrote to the button.

3. Write the word "Holiday" in cell "A3"

4. Press the button to run the macro.

2. When the macro stops, select any cell in the workbook (except for

cell A3) and do a Ctrl+F and search for "Holiday." You'll see that

nothing happens.

3. Select all the cells and do the same thing, and the cell with

"Holiday" will be outlined.

Does anyone know why this happens and is there a solution? Thanks!

--

KeriM

post your macro
I couldn't upload a sample workbook from my work computer, but the macro I was using to test it is just:

Code:
Sub Test()
   Stop
End Sub
At the "Stop" is when I'd try to do a find on the workbook while the report was still running the macro.