Morrigan

Sounds like C3 contains the same information as B3 which is the date
"October-04". No matter how you play with the format, Excel is still
reading the date that is contained in the cell. Even though the screen
shows a value of 10, Excel is not reading it as 10.

Try C3=MONTH(B3)

Hope it helps.

comotoman Wrote:
I am trying to do a vlookup function with data that is imported and
calculated from another cell, and it shows a result of #na.

c3 is formated to custom "m" to show the number of the month from cell
b3.

b3 is "October-04" c3 shows "10" d3 "job name"

b100 "10"
a100 =vlookup(b100,c3:f20,2,false)

result is "#na"

If I enter "10" into cell c3 with format set to general, then the
result shows the correct answer.

Is there a way to correct this?

--
Morrigan