Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default converting money formatting

Enter 1000 in a cell.

Copy that cell

Select you range of money data and paste specialdivideokesc

Delete the 1000 cell.

Gord

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:45:58 +0100, IpswichBlues
wrote:

I need to convert a column of money data into a format that is
recognized by QuickBooks Online so I can upload bank account
transactions. I am in Tunisia where the bank gives us the data in a bad
format that needs to be converted.

The money data looks like this.
Amount
-565,000
-400,645
-5,000

This needs to look like
Amount
-565.000
-400.645
-5.000

I thought I could easily change the "," to an "." but the "," is not
actually in the field as as excel thinks its the thousand character.
Also thought I could use LEFT and RIGHT but the LEFT numbers are always
different. The RIGHT numbers will always be 3 though as Tunisian Dinar
is thousandth of a DINAR.

Hope I am making sense and that someone can help.
thanks in advance.