IpswichBlues IpswichBlues is offline
Junior Member

Default converting money formatting

UPDATE: DOH I can divide by 1000.

I need to convert a column of money data into a format that is recognized by QuickBooks Online so I can upload bank account transactions. I am in Tunisia where the bank gives us the data in a bad format that needs to be converted.

The money data looks like this.
Amount
-565,000
-400,645
-5,000

This needs to look like
Amount
-565.000
-400.645
-5.000

I thought I could easily change the "," to an "." but the "," is not actually in the field as as excel thinks its the thousand character. Also thought I could use LEFT and RIGHT but the LEFT numbers are always different. The RIGHT numbers will always be 3 though as Tunisian Dinar is thousandth of a DINAR.

Hope I am making sense and that someone can help.
thanks in advance.

Last edited by IpswichBlues : August 26th 14 at 01:49 PM