Roger Govier

Hi

The formatting of cell option "shows" 10, but the underlying value will
be 38261 or whatever the day of October 04 is.
In this case you need to use =MONTH(B3) which will return a numeric 10
and therefore be found in your vlookup formula.

Regards

Roger Govier

comotoman wrote:

I am trying to do a vlookup function with data that is imported and
calculated from another cell, and it shows a result of #na.

c3 is formated to custom "m" to show the number of the month from cell
b3.

b3 is "October-04" c3 shows "10" d3 "job name"

b100 "10"
a100 =vlookup(b100,c3:f20,2,false)

result is "#na"

If I enter "10" into cell c3 with format set to general, then the
result shows the correct answer.

Is there a way to correct this?