Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Terry Pinnell[_2_] Terry Pinnell[_2_] is offline

Default Can I get date in this format?

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 08:56:05 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

In Excel 2000 I've used the Customise option
ddd dd mmm
to get my dates looking like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...teFormat-1.jpg

But those zeros look ugly. Can I remove them so that, for example, row
6 displays as 'Fri 1 Aug' please?

ddd d mmm

Even nicer would be 'Fri 1st Aug' or even 'Friday 1st August' but I
guess that's defintely impossible without VBA?

Correct

Thanks Ron, appreciate the fast reply. So simple!

I've lost what little VBA knowhow I once had. But I've now written a
macro (with Macro Express Pro) that will take a block of text on the
clipboard in that 'raw' format and convert it to the civilised
'suffixed' form. (It actually turned out to be easier to do from the
'Friday 01 August' input rather than 'Friday 1 August'.)

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK