Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Text File to Excel Spreadshet

On Mon, 14 Jul 2014 11:47:16 +0100, Neil Robinson wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a text document which contains details of around 100 of
individuals. I need to get it into a spreadsheet somehow.

The text is formated as follows

Name: Name 1
Age: Age 1
email address: email address 1
date of registration: date of registration 1
subscription expiry: subscription expiry 1
outstanding fee: Oustanding fee 1

Name: Name 2
Age: Age 2
email address: email address 2
date of registration: date of registration 2
subscription expiry: subscription expiry 2
outstanding fee: Oustanding fee 2

and so on. I've tried the standrad way of importing a text doc but as it
is not in columns it doesn't work.

Is there any way of importing / formatting this infomation into a
spreadsheet so the headings run across the top of the sheet and the data
populates below?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Neil

After you import it, just use the Text-to-columns wizard on the Data ribbon and split using the colon as a delimiter.