Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Find sometimes ignores Application.FindFormat

In message of Sat, 5 Jul 2014 10:51:26
in microsoft.public.excel.programming, Claus Busch <claus_busch@t-
online.de writes
Hi Walter,

Am Fri, 4 Jul 2014 22:20:27 +0100 schrieb Walter Briscoe:

I use Excel 2003.
I have some data, which I intend to mark with a find, findnext loop.
I find that neither bold, nor italic marks work.
I have constructed some fairly simple code by editing a macro I
recorded.
I believe that find should not match a bold cell, but it does. ;(

I had the same problem with xl2007 or later and I could manage it if I
create a cell e.g. Z1 with the expected formats and refer to that cell,
e.g.

With Application.FindFormat.Font
.Name = Range("Z1").Font.Name
.FontStyle = Range("Z1").Font.Fontstyle
.Size = Range("Z1").Font.Size
.
.
.

End With

Thanks Claus and also to Gary for shedding some light.

A quick check suggests the problem is cured in Excel 2010.
(I borrowed my son's machine. ;)

I find the following Property usage applies:
(I got the list of properties with
Dim P As CellFormat ' So locals window can see 2nd cell members
Set P = Application.FindFormat
)

Symbol Meaning
? Not checked