Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
symbiosis001 symbiosis001 is offline

Default How to Disable/Enable hide entire row ability

You asked for code to hide/unhide rows and I gave it. I also gave you

the 'design structure' info required to make that work for your needs.

All you need to do now is decide how you want your project to work and

code for that however you like. If you need more assistance please post

back with sheet design info sufficient to provide the correct help!<g

Hi Garry,

I feel you are missing the point of this thread. The code requested was not to hide and show rows rather to disable the hide/show row function only. This must be achievable since the sheet protection can disable the function. Unfortunately along with other needed functions. The sheet in question has no use for outlines or summaries.

I already know that the show hide sheet function can be disabled using the following

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("F&ormat").Controls("S&heet").Contr ols("&Unhide...").Enabled = False

or a variant thereof

I am looking for a similar line that will do the same for show/hide rows.

The other issue is that this is a shared workbook and as such you can not alter protection properties once sharing has been set either manually or through VBA.