Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Calling module procedure from sheet procedure

First crtl-click or shift-click to select just the cells you want to
be unlocked. Then goto FormatCellsProtection and clear the
"Locked" option.

Before you protect the sheet look at the settings under
ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet.

Make sure you have enabled "select unlocked cells"

Gord

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:19:15 +0100, EricLCTCS
wrote:

I un-merged the cell, set all the cells to unlocked, and then re-merged
them. When I the modify the cell the procedure triggers and re-formats
the merged cell to multi-line.

If I then view the properties of the cell on the protection tab the
"locked" box has a square in it (not cleared, not checked).

When the sheet protection is put back on I can not select that cell any
more (I'm assuming because of the square status in the Locked checkbox.