Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gord Dibben[_2_] Gord Dibben[_2_] is offline

Default Calling module procedure from sheet procedure

Not sure what's going on. I cannot replicate.

Do you set unlocked property on idividual cells then merge them into
one?

Does it make a difference if you set the unlocked property on the
merged cells post merging?

Gord

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 17:31:36 +0100, EricLCTCS
wrote:

Let me try to rephrase... When the re-size procedure is triggered it
appears to be turning on the locked indicator in one of the cells that
make up the total merged cell (maybe that's why it's displaying a square
instead of the check on the lock indicator.

As I understand it, in order for user to be limited to enter data into
only certain cells you set the locked indicator to on for those cells
and set it to off of the cells you want editable. When protecting the
sheet I am only allowing modification to unlocked cells.

What appears to be happening when the procedure triggers is that it
re-sizes the merged cells and then turns on the lock indicator in one of
the cells that make up the merged cell, thus locking the entire merged
cell to further modification once the procedure re-enabled the sheet
protection.

Does that make sense?