Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T[_7_] Peter T[_7_] is offline

Default Ribbon, Backstage, getVisible

"Charlotte E." wrote in message

I'm trying to make my first fully working ribbon, but has come across a
problem.

I have the following XML for setting the backstage controls:

<backstage
<button idMso="FileSave" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<button idMso="FileSaveAs"

[snip]
</backstage

But it is as if the getVisible sub doesn't get executed?!?

All my other <Tab and <Button that uses 'getVisible' works fine, but for
some reason not the ones in 'BackStage'.

Any suggestions?

It looks like the getVisible callback doesn't exist for the backstage
controls. Tick "show addin user interface errors" (options, advanced,
general) to see the error message when getVisible is attempted. Curious
because getVisible is available for the equivalent controls in the 2007
Office menu.

The backstage has onShow and onHide callbacks available, could hook into
those but not sure how you'd then change visibility of it's controls.

If the objective is to dynamically toggle visibility of the entire backstage
menu I fear it may mean hiding everything and recreating a replica, lot of
work! OTH if you simply want to hide them all set the each with
visibility=false in the xml.

Regards,
Peter T