Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Charlotte E.[_3_] Charlotte E.[_3_] is offline

Default Ribbon, Backstage, getVisible

Hmmmm...

Strange, because it works with all the other builtin tabs and buttons...

But, you're right: If anyone know, it's Ron :-)

CE

"GS" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm trying to make my first fully working ribbon, but has come across a
problem.

I have the following XML for setting the backstage controls:

<backstage
<button idMso="FileSave" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<button idMso="FileSaveAs" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<button idMso="FileOpen" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<button idMso="FileClose" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<button idMso="ApplicationOptionsDialog"
getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<button idMso="FileExit" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabInfo" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabRecent" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabNew" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabPrint" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabShare" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabHelp" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabPublish" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabSave" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
<tab idMso="TabOfficeStart" getVisible="BackStage_GetVisible"/
</backstage

But it is as if the getVisible sub doesn't get executed?!?

All my other <Tab and <Button that uses 'getVisible' works fine, but
for some reason not the ones in 'BackStage'.

Any suggestions?

CE

My understanding is that we can hide the built-in menuitems and replace
them with them our own. I also know we can 'hook' the built-in menus by
assigning our own "onaction" to them. But I haven't seen any examples
anywhere that show we can do to them what we do with custom menuitems with
the 'getvisible' property. I'm sure Ron deBrun can give you a direct
answer, though, if you contact him.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!