Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nila Nila is offline

Default Excel VBA help: Text file formatting

Thanks Gary and Claus. I got it working. Is it possible to convert the 3 column data into matrix grid. I tried using INDEX and MATCH as mentioned here.
http://exceltactics.com/vlookup-mult...g-index-match/
but my data set will have more than 250 unique rows and more than 4000 unique columns or vice-verse. Is there an efficient way to achieve this? Ultimately I would like to plot the data as a surface plot.

Thanks in advance.

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 10:21:48 AM UTC-6, GS wrote:
This is memory-dependant! In this case it's better to import the file

in 'blocks' first, then output to the worksheet block by block.

This gets more involved and so is why I diverted to working directly

with worksheet ranges because the row limit is as per Excel version! I

was going to limit the output array to each loop step but didn't see

much advantage since it's only 10 rows of data. Otherwise, if you'd

like an example just post back a request...

--

Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc